Buddy Registration Confirmation
Dear League of YES BUDDY,
On behalf of the Coaches and staff of the entire League of YES, I would like to thank you for registering to be a BUDDY for the League of YES. Whether you heard about us through your school, organization, company, the New York Times, Newsday, News 12, a Coach or are returning because you have been a BUDDY before; you are about to contribute to possibly the best baseball experience you and our players have ever had.
BUDDY stands for Because Unbelievable Dedication Deserves You and you will find the players of our league enjoy every minute you spend helping and cheering them on as they play baseball. Please take a moment to review the following instructions for the games you have just registered for:
- Please arrive at the field no later than 8:30 a.m. so you can sign in, get your BUDDY t-shirt and sit through a brief orientation before being paired with a player.
- BUDDY’s are asked to stay for both games so please plan on being with us at the field until at least 12:30 in the afternoon.
- Each BUDDY will receive a ticket for lunch which will be good for one hot dog, one snack/bag of chips and one drink. Additional items can be purchased for a nominal fee of $1 each. (Farmingville field only)
- We usually have more BUDDYs than we have players. BUDDYs will be split into three groups and each group will cycle through three stations to ensure everyone gets the chance to bond with our players.
- Be open to meeting the player’s parents as they may have special instructions concerning their son or daughter. In addition, it is the parent’s responsibility to accompany their child anytime they need to leave the field or dugout.
- If you have been a BUDDY before, please wear your shirt from the last time you were at the field. (It helps us save money for other things like equipment)
Again, thank you for registering to be a BUDDY for the League of YES. We are certain it will be an experience you will remember for a long time.
See you at the field.
League of YES